Most of us have had sunburn at least once in our lives; it is painful and uncomfortable. What can you do to for quick sunburn relief? Even before we answer that question, it is important that you know that if you get morning sun (before 11am) and late afternoon sun (after 4pm), you greatly reduce your chances of getting sunburned. The sun at these times, except on very hot days is not hot enough to cause sunburn.
So what can you do to manage sunburn?
- The first thing that you should do is take a pain reliever. It calms down the pain and you can concentrate on getting your skin better. Regular pain medication will do.
- Keep your skin moist. If it becomes dry, it cracks and becomes even more painful. You can use a moisturizing lotion; rub it in after every few minutes.
- Do not burst blisters. Not only is it painful, you are opening your skin and inviting an infection.
- Use a cold compress for the areas that are really bad. This also helps to control pain.
- Aloe vera is great for sunburn relief. In fact, it is great for a whole range of skin conditions including eczema. If you have an aloe plant nearby, cut a leaf off, slice it and gently apply the juice to the burnt areas. The relief is almost immediate. Also, you should take supplements rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin D, like fish oil or krill oil.
- Cabbage leaves will also give you relief. Mash them or blend them and apply them to the area. You can keep them in the fridge and apply them when they are cold. You will then feel better.
- Olive oil also works pretty well. Apply it where it hurts and repeat applications every few hours.
- Vinegar works as well. Mix a little in water and apply it on the skin. It will hurt quite a bit at first but it will settle and your skin will start to heal.
The best way to deal with sunburn is to avoid getting it in the first place. As tempting as it may be to skimp on clothes on hot days, always make sure that your arms, shoulders and back are covered in light fabric. Wear a hat to protect your face as well.
If you are looking for a quick way to get fit before the summer, make sure you read this review of the Insanity workout program… You can also try natural weight loss supplements like garcinia cambogia extract (find more info here)… This supplement is based on the extract of garcinia cambogia, a plant found in Malaysia, Indonesia, India…